This past weekend i had the pleasure of spending time with Thabo and Bethanie . We started out engagement session outdoors.. BRRRRRRR and then ended up heading to Twiggs Coffee Roasters to warm up and finish off the shoot !. Every session i do i like to make it as much about the couple and their interests as possible , so if your struggling to come up with an idea about what we should do here are some tips to ask yourself !
1. What do we like to do together? What are some things we do specially together? (Think hobbies, food, crafts, holidays, hiking, movies, etc.)
2. What is the one thing (or two things) that are truly characteristic of your relationship that you and your fiancé want to show off in your photos?
3. Are there any locations that are key to this key feature? Indoor or outdoor!
4. What kind of props can help convey this theme? (Ex: books, furniture, artwork, etc.)
5. What outfits do you have that make you feel best, and still fit with the theme? Or sometimes what outfits characterize you both? (Some couples are rock and rollers, and others might be cute and nerdy or classic and elegant)
6. TALK to your photographer! Just in case they forget to ask you these questions, let them know as many details as you can about what you’re thinking theme-wise for your photo shoot! Stuck? Maybe i can help you bring these things out! I LOVE helping my clients figure out different ideas they can do! It’s exciting to hear about what makes a couple tick!
7. REMEMBER:What makes a photoshoot stand out is the people in it! Be confident in whatever you do for your photo shoot, and make sure your photo shoot is one that exemplifies your love for one another!